Atlantic Coast Pipeline Meeting
Thursday, February 5 – 6:00p to 8:00p – West Virginia University, Oglebay Hall Room 106
- Join Elise Keaton of the Greenbrier Watershed Association, Aurora Lights, and the WVU Sierra Student Coalition for a informational presentation and letter-writing workshop concerning the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, which is proposed to stretch 550 miles from West Virginia to North Carolina. It is a 42- inch pipeline estimated to carry 1.5 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.
- Contact Liz@auroralights.org to RSVP.
Hug Our Trees (HOT) Day
Saturday, February 14 – 10:00a to 12:00p – Coopers Rock State Forest
- Join Aurora Lights and the Coopers Rock Foundation for a morning of spreading awareness and love for Coopers Rock State Forest. The largest proposed timber project in Coopers Rock State Forest history is an eminent threat to an area of the Forest that has not been cut since the state designated the area as a State Forest in 1936. This Valentine’s Day, we are meeting at the proposed timber site to hug these big, beautiful trees and raise awareness about the timber project. People call us tree huggers so why not embrace the name?
- We are asking people to show up at one of our designated shuttle spots between 9:30 – 9:45 so we can shuttle you to the project area. Since parking near the project area is very limited, we are asking participants to park at either the main Coopers Rock day-use parking lot or the Kens Run trailhead parking lot. We will have designated shuttles and signs located at each spot. Please carpool with family and friends if possible.
- Check out our Facebook event here.
E-Day at the Capitol
Wednesday, February 18 – 9:00a to 3:00p – Lower Rotunda of WV Capitol
- The West Virginia Environmental Council (WVEC) invites environmental organizations, artists and sustainable businesses to participate. They are focusing on “citizen lobbying” and ask that you encourage people to join us to visit legislators and sit in on committee meetings of interest. Informative displays, demonstrations, and items for sale are permitted.
Not In My Forests (NIMF) sets out to protect WV public landsNot In My Forests (NIMF) is an educational program that highlights theRead More »
One year has passed since Elk River coal-chemical spillAurora Lights played a vital role in delivering water from the northerRead More »
West Virginia women to be featured as HeroesMy Friends are My Heroes is a project created through Aurora Lights.Read More »
Welcome to our new website!We are beyond excited to unveil our new and improved website created bRead More »